Spectral/timing properties of accreting objects - Conferences Archive
To download the full-resolution group picture, click here .
"Spectral/timing properties of accreting objects: from X-ray binaries to AGN" has been a 3-day workshop held at the European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC) in April 2013.
The aim of the workshop was to review the current understanding of the physics of accretion onto compact objects across the full range of masses, by bringing together young and active experts of the field. In order to encourage discussions and maximize collaborations, the attendance to the workshop was limited to about 90 people, selected on the basis of the proposed contribution after the registration deadline. There was no registration fee.
The main scientific topics covered were:
- Accretion modes at different scales;
- States and state transitions;
- Inflow/outflow connections;
- Accretion/ejection mechanisms;
- Unification schemes.
Click here to download the workshop poster:
- P. Casella (INAF/OAR) : Spectral/timing properties of X-ray binaries
- B. De Marco (MPE) : Spectral/timing properties of Active Galactic Nuclei
- M. Diaz Trigo (ESO) : Winds in X-ray binaries
- E. Koerding (U. Nijmegen) : Unification of accretion in X-ray binaries
- A. Merloni (MPE) : Unification of accretion from Black Hole Binaries to Active Galactic Nuclei
- F. Panessa (INAF/IAPS) : Jets in Active Galactic Nuclei
- D. Russell (IAC) : Jets in X-ray binaries
- F. Tombesi (NASA GSFC/UMD) : Winds in Active Galactic Nuclei
Registration and abstract submission deadline: 15 February 2013
Accepted contribution communication: 22 February 2013
Final programme: 1 March 2013
Workshop welcome cocktail (at NH hotel Alberto Aguilera): 2 April 2013
Workshop starts: 3 April 2013