Access the archive - Cluster Science Archive
THE CLUSTER AND DOUBLE STAR SCIENCE ARCHIVE
VERSION 3.2.0, RELEASED 4 August 2022
While working best on Firefox, the CSA is available through any internet browser.
- Search, download and display Cluster and Double Star data
- Data downloads up to 1 GB on the web directly, up to 40 GB via command-line request (link provided)
- Visual inspection of metadata details
- Visualize key datasets (on-demand & pregenerated plots of 1h, 6h and 24h long) and download in GIF/PS/CEF/PNG
- Quick-look plot browsing
- Browse pre-generated or create on-demand inventory plots
- Visualize particle distributions
We would greatly appreciate reports of any problems or unexpected behaviour.
Use the above link to learn how to access the Cluster science archive data products and metadata via several ways including: wget and curl, Python, MATLAB, IDL and data streaming.
History of new features implemented per version.
Public version 3.2.0, released 4 August, 2022.
Earth, as seen from the VMC (visual monitoring camera) on spacecraft 3 on 5th June 2016:
The VMCs are installed in the umbilical separation connector bracket on the base of the upper spacecraft (CUS) in each Cluster pair, in order to take a series of 27 colour images of the lower spacecraft (CLS) during separation. An image of the separation is here and the other images of the Earth from June 2016 are on Flickr.